- Seth Kroll
- Meredith Sandiford
- Shannon McManus
- Morgan hayward
- Jenna Figuiredo
- Krista Magnuson
- David Juralwewicz
- Amy Gusefski
- Jen Douglas
- Nadine Desharnais
- Sarah Horsley
- Sherry Tyrance
- Wanya Huang
- Tanya Geha
Shannon McManus reviewed the meeting norms:
- Listening respectfully
- Oir con respeto
- Everyone who wants to has a chance to participate – there is room for everyone to speak
- Todos pueden participar, todos pueden hablar
- This is a place for parents to share concerns in an open environment
- Este es el lugar donde todos los padres pueden compartir cualquier preocupación en un ambiente abierto
- If you have an issue, this is a place to get support at the school level
- Este es el lugar donde pueden recibir ayuda sobre asuntos y problemas escolar
- Assume good intentions
- Supongan buenas intenciones
Everyone introduced themselves and said one burning question about reopening: (full list on slides)
- What is the spacing going to be like?
- What are the new clearing protocols going to be like now that we don’t have the Wednesday deep clean?
- When you look at the list of symptoms that are supposed to keep kids home, how much parents are going to be able to deal with that on a daily basis?
- Will the Y be allowed back in to do after school care?
- Pooled testing – will there be another push, reminder, discussion etc to try to get more people opted in.
- For the people who are remote – what can be done to ease the burden for the teachers and/or to support families who might be one or two in the class staying remote.
- Will uniforms be necessary?
- Parents are not wanting to buy new clothes this late in the year?
- Questions about what the fall will look like?
- How many kids are there staying remote? Will there be teachers doing all remote etc
- What will attendance be like? We they really be absent if logging in from home
SSC Update from Tracy Triplet
hopefully a discussion about changing bylaws will happen: changing from 3 year terms to 2 years. Process is that it will be presented. Teachers will go and vote and SPC will vote on it at the next meeting.
Breakout Room discussions:
What ideas do you have to celebrate and
show our appreciation for JFK teachers?
Que ideas tienen para celebra y enseñarles nuestro aprecio a las maestros y maestras de JFK?
(See slides for discussions)
Two groups formed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join either group:
Gifts: A group of parents will using Parent Council funds to put together physical gifts for all teachers and staff
Art: A group of parents will be organizing a group art project around the school for Teacher Appreciation